Views
Helpful
Replies

Cannot Console Into Server

Menji
Level 1
Level 1

Hello everyone! 

I am trying to set a system up, and for some reason my ports just keep turning off. I believed it was simply a port security issue. But then I had my router, switch, server- all reboot themselves at once. I can console into my router, but not my server. When I try to console into the server via putty/pacstar I keep getting errors. 

3 Replies 3

Hi @Menji 

When you say console do you mean local access to the server or are you trying to access the server using its IP address?

All devices rebooting at the same time sounds like a power problem or you are faing some problem with Spanning-tree loop or broad cast storm.

If you are able to access the switch and router, share here the output of show version.

What system?  What ports?  Console Ports?  Ethernet ports?  Something else?  Is your switch configured for Port Security?  Did you have a power issue?  Port Security doesn't cause devices to reboot.  What errors are you getting?

https://community.cisco.com/t5/security-documents/how-to-ask-the-community-for-help/ta-p/3704356 

thomas
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Please seeHow to Ask The Community for Help for the kinds of info we need to help us help you.

You have provided no hardware models, software versions, commands, anything.