Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco ACS 4.2 providing show commands only

I am trying to create a user so that i can provide him only to run show commands nothing else.

1) Created a user in ACS

2) Create Shell command Autorization Set - ReadOnly

Unmatched Commands - Deny

Commands Added

show

exit

3) Created a group - HelpDesk with the following TACACS+ Settings

Shell (exec) is checked

Priviledge level is check with 15 as the assigned level

Assign a Shell Command Authorization Set for any network device - selected

ReadOnly - shell command autorization set seleted

I have configured following on my router

aaa authorization config-commands

aaa authorization commands 0 default  group tacacs+ local

aaa authorization commands 1 default  group tacacs+ local

aaa authorization commands 15 default group tacacs+ local

But still user can run config t and other commands.Some one help me how to fix this

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

I am trying to figure what might be the case. Hence asking you the question.

Which option is checked in the

Configuring a Shell Command  Authorization Set for a User

is it Group?

The configruation seems fine to me. Just for one more configuration can you please check if the configuration is as per the link:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/secursw/ps2086/products_configuration_example09186a00808d9138.shtml

Regards,

Anisha

P.S.: please mark this thread as answered if you  feel your query is  resolved. Do rate helpful posts.

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

andamani
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Can you check the user authorization profile? is it inherited from the group?

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Anisha

P.S.: please mark this thread as answered if you feel your query is resolved. Do rate helpful posts.

Sorry i am bit new where can i check

Can you check the user authorization profile?

You mean

Group to which the user is assigned:

If that is the case we have assigned to correct group

hi,

yes. So does the user inherit the authorization profile from the group or it does not?

Regards,

Anisha

P.S.: please mark this thread as answered if you feel your query is  resolved. Do rate helpful posts.

Thanks for your help

So does the user inherit the authorization profile from the group or it does not?

Yes,But as i told before Shell command Autorization Set is not working and user can access conf t command.I only want to use them show commands which i have configured (explained in first post)

Hi,

I am trying to figure what might be the case. Hence asking you the question.

Which option is checked in the

is it Group?

The configruation seems fine to me. Just for one more configuration can you please check if the configuration is as per the link:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/secursw/ps2086/products_configuration_example09186a00808d9138.shtml

Regards,

Anisha

P.S.: please mark this thread as answered if you  feel your query is  resolved. Do rate helpful posts.

is it Group?

Yes it is

The same link i followed for my config setup

hmmm.. Ok. So what do the TACACS Administration logs say when you log in and try the "config t" command ? i.e. reports and activity > Tacacs administration > active.

Regards,

Anisha

Looks like user is not getting mapped with the respective group or user is also configured for shell command authorization set and taking precedence over group.

Run the following debugs on the IOS device

debug tacacs

debug aaa authen

debug aaa autho

term mon

Run "config t" command, on the ACS logs look for the group you are getting mapped and match with the group name you want it to map with.

Rgds, Jatin

Do rate helpful posts-

~Jatin