cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco ISE 2.3p5 - Domain Computers not change password .

pgiouvanellis
Level 1
Level 1

Hello everyone ,

We start facing a problem with some domain computers that are used in out customer's enviroment .

The issue is the below : 

These computer are joined normally on Active Directory but the user are mostly out of office for a long time 

some the computer may be closed for 30-40 days .

When they get back to office and open the PC they have no access .From Logs we see that the PCs are coming with mab and not with 802.1x as they had to .

From Active Directory Team they told us that when a PC is closed or out of the network for 35 days when is opened up the Domain Controller send a ticket to PC to change/initialize the computer password , and normally the computer gets the ticket and create new paassword .

In our implementation we have enabled the option enable password change on External Identity Sources Advanced Settings see attachment .

1.JPG

I know this is about the user change his password when it is expired but is it possible to confirm that the same option is about the Computer Object password on Active Directory ? 

Thanks ,

Palaiologos

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

howon
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I don't believe the Windows PC can change password using the supplicant. My suggestion would be to increase the password refresh interval or fallback to WebAuth where the user can login via WebAuth using the user account and then force machine password update.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

howon
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I don't believe the Windows PC can change password using the supplicant. My suggestion would be to increase the password refresh interval or fallback to WebAuth where the user can login via WebAuth using the user account and then force machine password update.

Webauth unfortunately is not accepted solution for customer's environment.

So the above configuration i have attached about Enable Password Change is about only the Active Directory User account and not the computer object password ?

So there i no solution to these ?

Thanks

Palaiologos