Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco ISE 2.7 (EoL / EoS)

Jay233
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

Quick question, currently involved in a parallel upgrade/migration from 2.7 to 3.3, new smart licensing has been acquired for the 3.3 version.

My question is what will happen to 2.7 from a system prospective if the licensing expires? Will ISE still be administrable?

Or will I still be able to login but not make any changes?

End-of-Support Date 22-SEP-2024

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Arne Bier
VIP
VIP

VM licenses never expire. You will always be able to login to any ISE deployment regardless of the version.  If you exceed the base/plus/apex license limits for 45 days within 60 days, then ISE will put you in a walled garden to sort your licenses out - but that is a clear consumption violation, and nothing to do with EOL/EOS.  

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- FYI : https://community.cisco.com/t5/network-access-control/ise-subscription-license/m-p/3681559#M495598
     I have difficulties to see this is as a real business question because then end goal is 3.3 which you are achieving already
     or working on it

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

Arne Bier
VIP
VIP

VM licenses never expire. You will always be able to login to any ISE deployment regardless of the version.  If you exceed the base/plus/apex license limits for 45 days within 60 days, then ISE will put you in a walled garden to sort your licenses out - but that is a clear consumption violation, and nothing to do with EOL/EOS.  

Hi Arne,

Many thanks for clarification, this was my thoughts and was originally sceptical on being able to retain access to the legacy admin node.