cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco ISE for Lab

Steven Williams
Level 4
Level 4

Will this license give me what I need to license ISE for my home lab to learn the things I need to for work and certification?

L-ISE-BSE-100=

4 Replies 4

Francesco Molino
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
Hi

This license will activate only based license that should be enough. I didn't check on the verification if some other features like byod are required or not.

A simple question: why don't you deploy a VM with demo licenses? You'll have all licenses for 90 days. You can make a snapshot and restore it every 3 months or install again the vm and restore your ise backup.

Thanks

PS: Please don't forget to rate and select as validated answer if that answered your question

Thanks
Francesco
PS: Please don't forget to rate and select as validated answer if this answered your question

I didn't think that was possible as I assume there was an actual demo/Evan license that tied it to hardware ID or something like that. 

Yes it is. But you deploy a new vm and restore the config it's ok.

If you restore avm snapshot your hardware is kept as before then no problem.

And you can also ask through Cisco website new demo licenses for your running vm if you have a cco account.

PS: Please don't forget to rate and select as validated answer if that answered your question

Thanks
Francesco
PS: Please don't forget to rate and select as validated answer if this answered your question

Arne Bier
VIP
VIP

Hi Steven

The BASE license covers a lot of ground but strictly speaking you'd be better off with a 90 day EVAL license because it contains the additional stuff for Profiling and BYOD, which are contained in the more expensive PLUS and APEX licenses.

If you build a new ISE system you get  90 days of full feature set. After 90 days when your EVAL runs out you will no longer be able to configure those features.  At that point just rebuild the thing.

If you apply your BASE license then all you're achieving is to raise the endpoints from 100 to 200, and, you're guaranteeing that the BASE features continue working once EVAL runs out (or you could also delete the EVAL license).  As soon as you delete the EVAL license, all of your menus change and you will only see the relevant features.  i.e. you will lose Profiling, BYOD, etc.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: