cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco ISE Messaging Service, not running on secondary admin server.

DigiDen
Level 1
Level 1

Our Cisco ISE Admin primary Server is complaining that its secondary Admin ISE messaging service process is not running.

A stop and restart of the services was performed this morning, but made no difference.

Apr 02 2023 04:11:45.562 AM
ISE Messaging Service not running : Server=n-ciscoise-05

Cisco Identity Services Engine
---------------------------------------------
Version : 3.1.0.518

DigiDen_0-1680611360453.png

DigiDen_1-1680611480429.png

It is not service impacting, but curious to know what implications this will have?

thanks

3 Replies 3

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Whilst this bug report may not be related https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCvo74441 , (it also refers to another version) , I would try a reload anyway , 

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

Patch version?

Rodrigo Diaz
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

hello @DigiDen, the feature is enabled in all the nodes within the an environment as default it's main purpose is related to the logging of information , if you go to the menu Administration>system>logging>log settings, you will be able to see here that there is a global setting that is related and says " ", hence if you have this setting enabled and your node has the service not running as expected , you might encounter that the logging of that node is not arriving to the MNT nodes within your implementation. 

To see the log categories that all the nodes in your deployment will send to MNT go to the menu named "Logging Categories" under the same section , this is how all the nodes are sending syslog information , the targets named "logcollector" "logcollector2" are PMNT and SMNT .  To review more information about, please review https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/ise/3-1/admin_guide/b_ise_admin_3_1/b_ISE_admin_31_deployment.html#id_100229 

Rate and let me know if that helped you.