Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco ISE - New Deployment

Hello experts,

I have ISE two PSNs (Primary & Secondary)  and setup 802.1x authentication for WIFI using certs.

I have seen ISE by default is providing logs only for 24 hours.  Is there a way to increase Retention on ISE?

Also, How to find the current log storage on ISE? 

I can see Authentication logs and Authorization logs but don't see disconnecting logs. Is there any way to make sure I have a log when the device gets disconnected? 

Thanks,

DJ

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

@LovejitSingh130013 where are you expecting to see a disconnect? ....this won't be reported in the live logs. The "Live Sessions" will tell you the live sessions and any terminated session (for a period).

Refer to the data purge for information on retention. - https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/ise/3-0/admin_guide/b_ISE_admin_3_0/b_ISE_admin_30_deployment.html#id_39776

View solution in original post

Hi @LovejitSingh130013 ,

Live Logs was designed to show the Latest 100 records, Within up to 24h:

Live Logs.png

If you need more than 7 days you must use the Operations > Reports > Reports.

Hope this helps !!!

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

@LovejitSingh130013 ISE live logs are only accessible in the GUI for 24 hours, but you can run a report for anything older or export to a log server.

Do you have accounting configured on the NAD (switch, WLC etc)?

Hello Rob, 

Yes, Accounting is enabled on all WLC, and ISE is added as an Accounting server with port 1813. 

Does Report will provide all the older log entries?  whats the default retention on report?

@LovejitSingh130013 where are you expecting to see a disconnect? ....this won't be reported in the live logs. The "Live Sessions" will tell you the live sessions and any terminated session (for a period).

Refer to the data purge for information on retention. - https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/ise/3-0/admin_guide/b_ISE_admin_3_0/b_ISE_admin_30_deployment.html#id_39776

Hi @LovejitSingh130013 

default Local Log Settings: 30 days (at Administration > System > Logging > Log Settings

Log Settings.png

also take a look at Operational Data Purging (at Administration > System > Maintenance), the default Data Retention Period for RADIUS and TACACS is 30:

Operational Data Purging.png

Hope this helps !!!

Hello @Marcelo Morais 

Does this mean, when I change the default Local log settings to 7 days, I will able to see/search logs for more than one day within ISE live logs?   

Thanks,

Hi @LovejitSingh130013 ,

Live Logs was designed to show the Latest 100 records, Within up to 24h:

Live Logs.png

If you need more than 7 days you must use the Operations > Reports > Reports.

Hope this helps !!!