cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CISCO ISE Password expiry in distributed deployment

pcno
Level 1
Level 1

Please reply to my query it is very Urgent I have 6 ISE running as a distributed deployment like 2 PAN 2 PSN 2 MNT.
When I go to GUI Administrator>admin access> password policy I am not seeing the 45 days expiry. But when I type show run in ISE CLI it says password expiry is 45 days ... I tried initiating command # No password-expiry enabled, but it gave me an error saying please change password policy in GUI.

Please advise me what to do in GUI password lifetime is missing and in CLI it keep telling me to do it in GUI.
ISE Version 2.6 with patch 3.
Does ISE password expire in Distributed deployment? 

Thanks
Priyesh

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

No, nothing from the CLI side. These settings will take care of the CLI admin expiry.

This policy is replicated for you across all nodes in the deployment, set it once and done.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Damien Miller
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You can take a look at this page, the default expiry is 45 days across the deployment, and as indicated it is configured from the GUI. 

https://<ise admin ip>/admin/#administration/administration_system/administration_system_rbac/adminAccess_authentication

Then click on the "password policy" tab and scroll down.  

expire.png

Thank you Damien, in my case chrome was not loading the full page of ISE because of that I was not seeing that 45 days option I tried in firefox and I was able to see the option.

I just unchecked 45 days in PAN primary None of the other nodes has any admin pannel since they are secondary so do I need to break deployment and repeat the process in each node Or will it Automatically synchronise with ISE primary PAN where I unchecked the option.

Also, Do I need to do anything in CLI regarding password expiry or GUI is inuff?

Please reply thank you.

No, nothing from the CLI side. These settings will take care of the CLI admin expiry.

This policy is replicated for you across all nodes in the deployment, set it once and done.

Thank you very much.

acazarez
Level 1
Level 1

I have similar issue under the same deployment.
2 PAN 2 PSN 2 MNT

All health check is ok, ALL nodes working ok.

I have the 45-day expiration policy disabled in the PAN nodes.

Do you know if I have to do this in every node? I am asking because I cannot log into the PSNs only.