Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco ISE Plus license consumption

Hi everyone

I have a weird issue in a cisco ISE 2.3 deployment where the plus license consumption is zero which is not definitely accurate given the profiling that is in place.

Global.jpg

From what I know Plus license is consumed if the following features: BYOD, device profiling, Endpoint Protection Service, pxGrid are used in Authorization policies.

I mainly use Profiling for Avaya IP Phones which should consume plus license but they don't.

Here is my Authz Rule for Avaya IP Phones

Avaya.png

and here is the condition for AVAVA-IP-Phones below:

Avaya-condition.png

And here is the Endpoint details under context visibility which show that it did only consumed a base license

Authentication.png

This same Avaya IP Phone is not statically assigned to the profiling group

Static.png

From the NAD side RADIUS accounting start/stop is enabled along with accounting update each 1 hour as shown below:

aaa accounting update periodic 60
aaa accounting dot1x default start-stop group radius

Did I miss something here ? just wanna be sure before i open a Cisco TAC case for this.

1 Reply 1

shamerli
Level 1
Level 1

Is there and API-reference that can be used to track the license-consumtion (in the picture in the previous) post ?

Either as count + license-value, either as % utilized of licensed-amount ?

I was unable to identify the "installed license part" in the API-references :

I found the counters for the "sessions" : (ActiveCount / PostureCount / ProfilerCount ), but these are absolute value's which mean little if you can match it to the installed license amount.  Ideally, I would have a similar field for the "total installed license" or "% of license utilization".

Details found via: https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/ise/2-0/api_ref_guide/api_ref_book/ise_api_ref_ch1.html

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: