cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CISCO ISE - Unable to save setting for "Always show invalid usernames"

patrick.coan
Level 1
Level 1

Whether I am logged in as an Admin or another user I am unable to save this option.

I am successfully able to save and check the box for "disclose invalid usernames".

I am successfully able to click "show invalid usernames for specific time" and change that time to 43200 minutes as max.

If I click the button for "always show invalid usernames" and click save, a windows pops up saying "server response - security settings have been saved".

If I leave the page and come back the option for "always show invalid usernames" is not checked and the specific time one is checked instead. 3 separate admin users have tried this and no dice.

Version 2.6.0.156

5 Replies 5

Hi @patrick.coan 

version 2.7 P2 is ok !!!

Are you able to check your change at:

Operations > Reports > Reports > Audit > Change Configuration Audit - Object Type = Security Settings

Hope this helps !!!

Unfortunately I don't see that menu path on my version.

Hi @patrick.coan 

the path from a version 2.7 P2:

Operations Audit.png

Hope this helps !!!

Damien Miller
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

It's very likely that you're hitting this known bug if you have not patched. I would recommend you plan to patch the deployment if you have not done so already. Patch 8 for ISE version 2.6 released on October 22nd 2020 and it would be the recommend patch to be on for your version. Patch 8 includes the bug fix. 

https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCvo24097

Thanks. I will schedule to patch Thank you both for your aid.