Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco ISE upgrade from 2.0 to 2.2 with BYOD services

ivan.martin
Level 1
Level 1

Hi my name is Ivan

I need to do  an upgrade of cisco ise from 2.0 to 2.2. I have 802.1x EAP TLS and BYOD services using certificates: Bind certificate to integrate ise into Active Directory, and a template of certificate to BYOD services. (Template to use into device's apple and android).

My question is:

What happen if I do the upgrade transparently without save the certificates (Bind Certificate to integrate wtih AD and internal Certificate fo BYOD services)?

Will my certificates loss after the upgrade?

Do I need to get a backup of certificates and configuration of the ise?

Does it is necessary get a backup of certificates?

Do you have some documentacion about upgrade process with BYOD services?

Thanks for your answer.

Regards.

Ivan

1 Reply 1

Francesco Molino
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi 

There isn't any specific upgrade for byod services. 

The upgrade process is the same and may have a downtime depending on your design. Take a look at this Cisco documentation: 

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/ise/2-2/upgrade_guide/b_ise_upgrade_guide_22/b_ise_upgrade_guide_22_chapter_01.html

While doing the upgrade, you need to ensure that no trusted certificate is expired otherwise your upgrade is gonna fail. 

Except that, it's more than recommended to export your certificates. If something bad happens you'll be happy to get this backup and not losing everything. 

Thanks 

PS: Please don't forget to rate and mark as correct answer if this answered your question

Thanks
Francesco
PS: Please don't forget to rate and select as validated answer if this answered your question
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: