cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Secure ACS

Erik Molenaar
Level 1
Level 1

Running Cisco Secure ACS version 5.6, we encounter the following problem. ACS sends me the following message:

Cisco Secure ACS - Alarm Notification

Severity: Warning

Alarm Name

System Alarm [Database Purging]

Cause/Trigger

The number of incoming log messages is reaching the threshold value : 4.15GBs

Alarm Details

The number of incoming log messages is reaching threshold value: 4.15GBs.Make sure that you configured ACS to send only the important category of messages to Log collector.

Generated On

Thu May 21 04:00:00 CEST 2015

Strange thing however as you can see this is at 4.00 am when watching the switchport there's hardly any traffic - 4.15 GBps, on a 1Gbps interface. I know Cisco sells good hardware but that's absurd. Probably one of those new compression techniques ;-)

Does anyone have a clue?

1 Reply 1

Marcus Hunold
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, as I understand the notification it wants to tell you that all log messages together takes 4.15 GBytes of the local harddisk. Data purging is a daily process always started at 4 am. I think it purges only old log messages in the way you have configured in "Maximum Stored Data Period". If you have configured 1 year and you collect a lot of messages each day then it takes a lot of space on your HDD.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: