cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Terminal Server 2500 Radius Setup??

jpshyk2ask
Level 1
Level 1

I am a new to the setup of the Cisco networking equipment and would appreciate any help in configuring the Radius Server communication option on my Cisco 2500 Terminal servers.

The problem I encountered is that there are no radius-server commands in config terminal. What do I have to do to enable Radius server on these Terminal Servers?? Version 11.0(10c)XB1

2 Replies 2

jpshyk2ask
Level 1
Level 1

Let me be a little more specific. First of all, the 2500's are Access Servers. The model number is AS2511-RJ. The manual has described how to setup the Radius server setting for accessing the vty lines. When I login to the access server, and go into config term, the commands displayed in the manual do not exist in the Access Server??? Do I have to upgrade the OS to get access to these commands, or am I am doing something wrong in the access server.

Thanks for the input.

The commands for setting up Radius server are part of aaa (authentication, authorization, and accounting). configure aaa new-model to enable aaa commands. After configuring aaa new-model I think you will find that the radius server commands are available.

HTH

Rick