cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cluster ISE between appliance and VM

marvin16
Level 1
Level 1

hello, I'm almost sure, but I would like to know if there is an opportunity to create a cluster (Admin, Mnt) between a 3595 Appliance and a Hyper-V VM?

Thank you in advance for your feedback.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

The message is that you can deploy the ISE software on any hypervisor that the software will run on (VMWare, HyperV, KVM) - once ISE is running on a virtualised platform, then the software doesn't behave any differently to how it behaves on a physical server appliance (SNS-3xxx).  That means you can register a "HyperV ISE" node to a PAN running on a SNS-3xxx.

The concept of cluster is not technically correct with ISE.  I think historically the term was cube ("ise cube").  The only advice given in this hybrid combination is to make the VM have the equivalent CPU/MEM/Disk as the physical appliance.

The only real difference you will face with ISE running on VM is that you will need a license for this.  SNS-3xxx does not need such a license.  All other licenses are the same.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

I did not understand the solution below

https://community.cisco.com/t5/policy-and-access/ise-vm-and-ise-physical-appliance-in-distributed-deployment/td-p/3077622

But if you validate this possibility, i just need to thank you :)

bg

The message is that you can deploy the ISE software on any hypervisor that the software will run on (VMWare, HyperV, KVM) - once ISE is running on a virtualised platform, then the software doesn't behave any differently to how it behaves on a physical server appliance (SNS-3xxx).  That means you can register a "HyperV ISE" node to a PAN running on a SNS-3xxx.

The concept of cluster is not technically correct with ISE.  I think historically the term was cube ("ise cube").  The only advice given in this hybrid combination is to make the VM have the equivalent CPU/MEM/Disk as the physical appliance.

The only real difference you will face with ISE running on VM is that you will need a license for this.  SNS-3xxx does not need such a license.  All other licenses are the same.

Thank's for your precious help !! :)