cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Configuring Cisco ISE with CLI

deepakramanath
Level 1
Level 1

I have a Cisco ISE deployed as a standalone node for AAA. As a test, only one network device is configured with ISE to carryout the AAA processes.

I would like to know, if possible, how to configure Cisco ISE using the CLI. Is there a way to completely bypass the Admin web GUI and carryout all tasks via the CLI. For example, adding new network device, creating authentication and authorization policies, etc., using CLI.

Cisco ISE CLI reference guide does list some of the CLI commands, however, I could not find anything about adding network devices or policies.

3 Replies 3

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Not possible

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

Hi,

You can't bypass ISE GUI. Majority of the actual work can't be done from
CLI such as conditions, results, dictionaries, policies, profiling etc.

Thanks for the responses.

I have managed to use the ERS API to configure few things without the GUI, however, now having difficulties with defining TACACS profiles using ERS API. Anyone here having experience with this?

Thanks

Deepak

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: