cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Connection profile detection in ISE

martinlarsen
Level 1
Level 1

I would like to set up an alternate connection profile in the ASA for testing posture assessment when authenticating via ISE.  It is well known that AV pair 25 can be used to assign the group policy.  Is there a way for ISE to determine the connection profile?  This way test testers can get in with or without going through posture assessment during the test period.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

abhishek.marat1
Level 1
Level 1

Please try using:

Cisco-VPN3000:CVPN3000/ASA/PIX7x-SVC-Profiles contains "Connection profile name".

Attaching a screenshot.

P.S: Please marked my comment as accepted solution if it works, thank you!

View solution in original post

It is working now.  CVPN3000/ASA/PIX7x-Tunnel-Group-Name is the proper attribute to check.

In the earlier screen shot, the results shown were cached from previous authentications.  Disabling "Suppress repeated successful authentications" corrected how it showed up in the logging.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

abhishek.marat1
Level 1
Level 1

Please try using:

Cisco-VPN3000:CVPN3000/ASA/PIX7x-SVC-Profiles contains "Connection profile name".

Attaching a screenshot.

P.S: Please marked my comment as accepted solution if it works, thank you!

martinlarsen
Level 1
Level 1

I jumped the gun clicking on the "Solved" button.  I see in the following message in the authentication steps in ISE, but there is no answer.

Queried PIP - Cisco-VPN3000.CVPN3000/ASA/PIX7x-SVC-Profiles

I do see an entry for CVPN3000/ASA/PIX7x-Tunnel-Group-Name in "Other Attributes".  This entry is just plain wrong.  It lists the name of a different connection profile in the ASA; not the one connected to in this session.

"CVPN3000/ASA/PIX7x-Tunnel-Group-Name" EQUALS Profile-Name < this works for me. I can create multiple AuthZ rules in ISE and match on each rule depending on which Tunnel Group the user connects to (via drop down box in AC).

What is the output of "Tunnel-Group:" when you run "show vpn-sessiondb detail anyconnect"? That should match the Tunnel-Group in the ISE Live logs.

Connection_Policy_Mismatch.PNG

Do you have a certificate map overriding the tunnel-group?

It is working now.  CVPN3000/ASA/PIX7x-Tunnel-Group-Name is the proper attribute to check.

In the earlier screen shot, the results shown were cached from previous authentications.  Disabling "Suppress repeated successful authentications" corrected how it showed up in the logging.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: