cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

generating a private key from a certificate for ISE portal certificate

SMD28316
Level 1
Level 1

I have a Public certificate that I would like to use for portal access, I followed the commands on this document to generate a private key from it:

https://www.digitalocean.com/community/tutorials/openssl-essentials-working-with-ssl-certificates-private-keys-and-csrs

But I'm unable to import it to ISE, as it keeps complaining about the private key not being correct, what should I do?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

thomas
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Unclear exactly how you generated the private key and CSR sent it to Digital Ocean for signing into a public certificate. You also did not include the actual error text about the private key not being correct so there are no hints about the actual error or problem.  Please see How to Ask The Community for Help for your future requests.

Read How To Implement Digital Certificates in ISE or watching How to Install Wildcard Certificates (you do not need to use a wildcard certificate to follow the process).

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

It's very likely that something went wrong. Did you go through the steps

Verify a Private Key Matches a Certificate and CSR

to check if private key and certificate matches?

thomas
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Unclear exactly how you generated the private key and CSR sent it to Digital Ocean for signing into a public certificate. You also did not include the actual error text about the private key not being correct so there are no hints about the actual error or problem.  Please see How to Ask The Community for Help for your future requests.

Read How To Implement Digital Certificates in ISE or watching How to Install Wildcard Certificates (you do not need to use a wildcard certificate to follow the process).