Views
Helpful
Replies

Generating Reports in ACS 5.X

Samer Labaky
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have ACS 5.2 and would like to know if I can schedule a report to be sent to my email address each sunday for example for all the failed and succeeded attempts for devices authentication.

Thank you

Samer Labaky

3 Replies 3

united001
Level 1
Level 1

Believe it or not, its not possible using the Monitoring and Reports components in ACS 5.x, trust me I gripe at them every single RSA Conference and Networkers. At the RSA conference they told me that it would be included in the next major release of ACS 5.x, which will likely be 5.5.x (hopefully not 6.x).

The one workaround is to log everything to an external database Monitoring Config -> Remote Database Settings. You can then build your own reports using "actual access" to the data your devices generate. I am still amazed that something so simple has been missing from an otherwise wonderful product.

Good luck!

Ken

Jatin Katyal
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I second you ken on this. This is yet not added in the ACS feature list (ability to have custom reports generated and e-mailed out by a user-defined schedule). We can configure instead a Remote Database that can be used by the ACS to perform a Remote Log operation and export the Monitoring and Reports Viewer data.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/net_mgmt/cisco_secure_access_control_system/5.4/user/guide/viewer_sys_ops.html#wp1059460

Jatin Katyal
- Do rate helpful posts -

~Jatin

Saurav Lodh
Level 7
Level 7

This custom report feature will be integrated into 5.5