Helpful
Replies

Guest Access duration

Asfandyar70754
Level 1
Level 1

Hello everyone

Good day

We are running ISE in our environment and I have been given a task regarding guest user access.

We have Auditors in our organization and they will be in our organization for 25-30 days and I need to give them internet access only.

So I know 3 types of guest access in ISE

Hotspot, Self registration and Sponsored Guest portal.

I wanted to know if there is some way I can define the max time(as I need to give access to auditors for almost 30 days) or no. devices for a guest users in all 3 types of Guest access in ISE.

Looking forward to hearing from you soon on this.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

wael.vs
Level 1
Level 1

greeting...

yes you can change the guest access time.

you can create a guest type with the duration you want and associate it to your guest portal (i would recommend that you use self register portal with registration code enabled(password that you will give to the auditors to use when they register to your network))

this method is not recommended if you are going to use this SSID for other user (all of them will have the same duration of the guest type associated to the portal)

the other way is to let them register and access the sponsor portal and change the account duration. Work Center > guest access > portals and components > sponsor portal > Sponsor portal (default)

best regards

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

wael.vs
Level 1
Level 1

greeting...

yes you can change the guest access time.

you can create a guest type with the duration you want and associate it to your guest portal (i would recommend that you use self register portal with registration code enabled(password that you will give to the auditors to use when they register to your network))

this method is not recommended if you are going to use this SSID for other user (all of them will have the same duration of the guest type associated to the portal)

the other way is to let them register and access the sponsor portal and change the account duration. Work Center > guest access > portals and components > sponsor portal > Sponsor portal (default)

best regards

Hi Wael,

Thank you for the reply, this helped a lot.

Can you share some document/video of process of configuring time for guest user?

TIA

Hi @Asfandyar70754 ,

please take a look at: ISE Administration Guide - Release 2.3, search for Guest Accounts.

Hope this helps !!!