Views
Helpful
Replies

Guest NAC server to ISE migration

salman abid
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We are currently having Cisco guest NAC server acting as radius server for one SSID (webauth is enabled on SSID).

There are almost 3000 users created on NAC server by multiple sponsor admins.

Now we have got ISE which is currently in build phase for AS-IS migration of guest user's credentials from NAC to ISE. Whole idea is to migrate the whole user's database from NAC to ISE.

so as part of migration i have to export user's database from NAC server and have to import it in ISE. Today when i downloaded the ''user's template'' from ISE under sponsor portal, i have found that there is no field of password which means password will be generated by ISE itself and by this i'm unable to import all the user's database taken out by NAC server and changing password for 3000 users and to ensure that everyone will get the password is a big task.

So simple question how i can migrate all user's database from NAC to ISE?????

5 Replies 5

salman abid
Level 1
Level 1

i open a TAC case and they gave the solution to import users into ISE (the one which we export from NAC) is through REST API. Which need a python script to create users on ISE by your own passwords.

Also i have found one more solution, when you download/import the template file from sponsor portal you get the below fields in excel sheet. But still you can add a new field/column ''Password:'' in same file and mention you own passwords. 

First name: Last name: Email address: Phone number: Company: Person being visited (email): Reason for visit:

Now after adding new column you can upload/import the same in ISE through sponsor portal and it'll create the users with mentioned passwords. With this fix i can create the users by my own passwords but still have one more issue and which is ''Expiry date'' of accounts. I'm not able to import users by populating additional columns of expiry date(of my own) in excel sheet.

what version are you running?

Hi Abraham,

i'm using ISE2.3 and you can download the tempelate by logging into sponsor portal as spnosor admin and there should be import option undere Create account and if not then

Note:- Please make sure soponsor is having rights to make bulk users. That you can verify under

Work center -> Portal & components -> Spnosor groups (then click on sopnosr group) and check Sponsor permissions and here box should be checked Multiple guest accounts assigned to specific guests (import)

Hi Salman,

Thanks a lot for your response. Looks like that option is not available on my 2.2 version so I will configure a VM in the lab running 2.3 and give a try.

I have some ideas regarding your issue with adding more columns (expiration date) on the csv file but need to check 2.3 first to confirm.

well man i'm not sure about 2.2 version but yeah i'm able to manipulate the import template of sponsor accounts in terms of setting my own password but i'm really facing challenges when it comes to expiry dates.

i would really appreciate if you can help me in setting my own expiry dates while importing bulk accounts through sponsor portal.