cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How do I see which profile rules a device matches?

phonedude54956
Level 1
Level 1

I have several devices that should be easily identifiable that are showing up with generic or unknown. My Samsung Galaxy S7 shows up unknown even though there is a profile for that specific device type. Many other devices like Raspberry Pi's simply show Linux Workstation or Workstation which doesn't really help much.

I also have some that show certainty score higher than what the rules would suggest. The Xerox-Workcente-7835 has 2 rules with 30 points each. But the printer, while profiled correctly, has a certainty score of 80. Where did I pick up the other 20?

Is there a way to determine which profile rules a device is matching to generate the certainty metric?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Timothy Abbott
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
You'll need to look at the device attributes then reference the profile policy checks to determine which policies are or are not being applied. Profile policy can be tuned for your specific environment based on the profile probes you have enabled on the system.

Regards,
-Tim

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Timothy Abbott
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
You'll need to look at the device attributes then reference the profile policy checks to determine which policies are or are not being applied. Profile policy can be tuned for your specific environment based on the profile probes you have enabled on the system.

Regards,
-Tim