cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to create a report from an Export Repository on ISE 3.1?

We have an export repository configured for our Radius/Tacacs Data under System/Maintenance/Operational Data Purging which leads ISE to write many small .tar.gpg files on our repository server.

I would now like to run reports from this data but I am not able to find a way on how to access the repository from the ISE reports.

Is there a way to restore the data from the repository into some useful reports?

2 Replies 2

Greg Gibbs
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

No. The ISE reporting engine provides limited customization and is mainly intended for troubleshooting and limited monitoring.

For historical reporting, a better solution would be sending event and health information to an external SIEM via syslog and using that system to build reports and dashboards to view the information you want.

Hi Greg, thanks for your feedback. Do you know what the 'export repository' for Radius/Tacacs (in System/Maintenance/Operational Data Purging) can be used for? It writes data into some files in an external repository but there is no way to read this file afterwards? This does not make sense to me.