cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to use more than one MDM server for authZ rules

Tim Baum
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

When using more than one MDM server for device compliance checks, how do you setup the AuthZ rules to check the correct MDM server? There is nothing in the MDM conditions that let me specify which MDM server to check for the authZ rule. Does the system just check all of them until there is a match? What sets the order?

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Charlie Moreton
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

When you first add an External MDM Server, it shows up in the Attributes Dictionary as MDM.  When you activate a second MDM Server it shows up in the Attributes Dictionary as MDM_<MDM_ENTRY>

In the screenshot below you can see the original entry for Meraki MDM listed as MDM, but once I activated Airwatch, it shows as MDM_AIRWATCH.

MultipleMDM.PNG

From there you can use the dictionaries specific to each vendor in your Authorization Rules.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Charlie Moreton
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

When you first add an External MDM Server, it shows up in the Attributes Dictionary as MDM.  When you activate a second MDM Server it shows up in the Attributes Dictionary as MDM_<MDM_ENTRY>

In the screenshot below you can see the original entry for Meraki MDM listed as MDM, but once I activated Airwatch, it shows as MDM_AIRWATCH.

MultipleMDM.PNG

From there you can use the dictionaries specific to each vendor in your Authorization Rules.

Hi

I've just added a 2nd MDM, but it's not added to the area as directed above.

Using 2.2patch 17

You're referencing an old post and this behaviour has changed from previous versions. When you have an MDM configured, you should have the MDM Dictionary enabled for use in Attributes or Conditions. Within that dictionary, you should have an MDMServerName value that can be used for matching the name you configured in the External MDM section.

Example:

Screen Shot 2020-10-13 at 8.55.42 am.png

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: