cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE 1.1.4 patch not installing

rikkoenig
Level 1
Level 1

I have a standalone ISE, running at 1.1.4.218.

I am attampting to upload/install the patch bundle, and nothing appears to happen. Under patch management, I see "no data available". In the Operations Audit reports, there is no record of a patch install succeeding or failing or attempting.

I have checked the md5 hash of the tarball, and the download matches the listed hash on the downloads page.

Am I missing something, or is something amiss?

TIA

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

that would not help. Use CLI

To install a patch bundle of the application, use the patch command in the EXEC mode.

patch install patch-bundle repository

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/ise/1.1/cli_ref_guide/ise_cli_app_a.html

before you issue a command please ensure ACS is able to read the files in the repository.

Jatin Katyal

- Do rate helpful posts -

~Jatin

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Jatin Katyal
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Looks like you're trying to install patch 1. What command are you using to apply patch? It should show you  a message in last " patch successfully installed". Are we using TFTP as a protocol for repository? If yes, please try with FTP.

You can also verify in the output of show version if patch has been applied or not.

Jatin Katyal

~Jatin

I am attempting patch 1. I was using the web GUI, as per the user guide. Which CLI command is it? application upgrade?

that would not help. Use CLI

To install a patch bundle of the application, use the patch command in the EXEC mode.

patch install patch-bundle repository

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/ise/1.1/cli_ref_guide/ise_cli_app_a.html

before you issue a command please ensure ACS is able to read the files in the repository.

Jatin Katyal

~Jatin

CLI patch upgrade seems to have done it. Is this a known issue with the ISE that the GUI doesn't do patching well?

yep! It's kinda known issue with ACS 5.x and ISE

Jatin Katyal

~Jatin

manjeets
Level 3
Level 3

Plz find the attached doc.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: