cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE 1.1.4 patch not installing

rikkoenig
Level 1
Level 1

I have a standalone ISE, running at 1.1.4.218.

I am attampting to upload/install the patch bundle, and nothing appears to happen. Under patch management, I see "no data available". In the Operations Audit reports, there is no record of a patch install succeeding or failing or attempting.

I have checked the md5 hash of the tarball, and the download matches the listed hash on the downloads page.

Am I missing something, or is something amiss?

TIA

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

that would not help. Use CLI

To install a patch bundle of the application, use the patch command in the EXEC mode.

patch install patch-bundle repository

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/ise/1.1/cli_ref_guide/ise_cli_app_a.html

before you issue a command please ensure ACS is able to read the files in the repository.

Jatin Katyal

- Do rate helpful posts -

~Jatin

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Jatin Katyal
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Looks like you're trying to install patch 1. What command are you using to apply patch? It should show you  a message in last " patch successfully installed". Are we using TFTP as a protocol for repository? If yes, please try with FTP.

You can also verify in the output of show version if patch has been applied or not.

Jatin Katyal

~Jatin

I am attempting patch 1. I was using the web GUI, as per the user guide. Which CLI command is it? application upgrade?

that would not help. Use CLI

To install a patch bundle of the application, use the patch command in the EXEC mode.

patch install patch-bundle repository

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/ise/1.1/cli_ref_guide/ise_cli_app_a.html

before you issue a command please ensure ACS is able to read the files in the repository.

Jatin Katyal

~Jatin

CLI patch upgrade seems to have done it. Is this a known issue with the ISE that the GUI doesn't do patching well?

yep! It's kinda known issue with ACS 5.x and ISE

Jatin Katyal

~Jatin

manjeets
Level 3
Level 3

Plz find the attached doc.