Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE 1.2 scheduled backup not working

ml
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I have clean installation of ISE 1.2 (HA) Patch1  and tried to create scheduled backup from GUI. I can create it without problems but it does not start.

I have created manual backups which are working fine, so there is no problem with FTP server. I have checked CLI and there is no kron job in CLI as I would expect it from version 1.1.x.

Any idea or do you think its TAC case?

Thanks,

ML           

8 Replies 8

ml
Level 1
Level 1

ok, some glitch in the system, all works fine. But for your information you do not see kron job in "sh run" anymore.

Ciao,

I found the same problems (ISE 1.2 without patch). Currently I'm not able to create scheduled backup via GUI.

Iarno

harvisin
Level 3
Level 3

Hello,

The following link might help yoy in solving your query:-

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/ise/1.2/user_guide/ise_backup.html

Ciao,

did you try ?

ciscoise0/admin(config)# kron policy-list SchedBackupMonday

ciscoise0/admin(config-Policy List)# cli backup SchedBackupMonday repository FTP

% Error: Scheduling backups only supported from ISE Backup/Restore UI.

I have the same problem - when I try to setup scheduled backup all fileds was filled as required but when I click   - nothing happens (no error message) - the only button it work is .

It is nice to read the documentation but IMHO it cannot solve this problem.

Another one strange thing - when I try to set start date (or end date) it is always set to Janyary 0 - meens January 1900 - as it is not possible to change it other way then click on next month arrow, to reach current month it requires to make cca 1013*12 hops - I cannot take such approach as user frendly :-(

Jatin Katyal
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

There is known defect whereby if the timezone has more than 3 characters. Could you please check the timezone on the ISE CLI with "show timezone"

CSCui44324    ISE 1.2 scheduled backup can't be configured

Symptom:

Backup task can't be configured in ISE 1.2 UI

Conditions:

Install/Upgrade ISE to v.1.2

Login via GUI and try configure backup task under "Administration -> System -> Backup and restore".

ISE timezone shortname is more than 3 characters (e.g. CEST).

Workaround:

N/A

Further Problem Description:

Looks like patch 2 would fix this defect.

~BR
Jatin Katyal

**Do rate helpful posts**

~Jatin

But our installation is setup with only 3letter timezone:

---

ise/admin# show timezone

CET

---

But I found, when I make show clock, it shows 4-letter timezone

---

sh clock

Wed Sep 11 13:02:20 CEST 2013

---

I tried to setup timezone with Europe/Prague but it leads to the same show clock result.

Thank you for quick response

CET is affected because it is being returned as CEST. Java handles it differently which confuses the GUI. This will be fixed in patch 2. You may check the list-of-affected-timezone in the bug details.

~BR

Jatin Katyal

**Do rate helpful posts**

~Jatin