cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE 2.0 on vsphere5 being migrated to vsphere6

SeanT
Level 1
Level 1

Does anyone have experience migrating ISE 2.0 on vsphere5 to vsphere6?  My VMware guys are telling they need to migrate my ISE 2.0 nodes from vsphere5 to vsphere6.

I think the migration will be fine for my Policy nodes and Primary/Secondary Monitoring nodes.  I'm just a little concerned about the Primary and Secondary Admin nodes.  Cisco ISE licences are tied to the serial number of the Primary Admin node.  Does the serial change when migrating a ISE node form vsphere5 environment to a Vsphere6 environment. Is there any thing tied to Virtual Machine UUID??

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

kthiruve
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Sean,

ISE 2.0 supports VMware ESX 5.x and 6.x. I am not sure what happens if you upgrade the Vsphere since Vsphere is used to manage the ESX boxes.

I don’t think VM’s serial will change during migration of Vsphere. If there is a problem please call TAC.

Thanks

Krishnan

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

kthiruve
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Sean,

ISE 2.0 supports VMware ESX 5.x and 6.x. I am not sure what happens if you upgrade the Vsphere since Vsphere is used to manage the ESX boxes.

I don’t think VM’s serial will change during migration of Vsphere. If there is a problem please call TAC.

Thanks

Krishnan

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: