Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE 2.1 Plus license consumption

Hi all,

I am trying to figure out why our ISE server is reporting the consumption of plus licenses. As far as I understand 802.1x only consumes Base licenses. We are not doing profiling and we are not using any feature that requires Plus licenses.

Am I doing something wrong?

Here are some screen captures

Thanks

16 Replies 16

paul46
Level 1
Level 1

Plus

Subscription (1, 3, or 5 years)

• Bring Your Own Device (BYOD)
  • Profiling
  • Endpoint Protection Service (EPS)
  • TrustSec SGT

Does not include Base services. A Base license is required for each Plus license.

Francesco Molino
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

Plus licenses are also consumed if you use some default group like registered devices or if you create cold group of those parent groups.

Can you share please your policy-set and devices groups to see if something there can consume any plus license?

Thanks
Francesco
PS: Please don't forget to rate and select as validated answer if this answered your question

Here I am attaching our Endpoint identity groups.

Is that what could be causing the plus license consumption?

You're using RegisteredDevices and this one consume plus license.
Create a new parent group, move your subgroups to this new one, clear all active sessions and everything should be fine after.

Let me know.

Thanks
Francesco
PS: Please don't forget to rate and select as validated answer if this answered your question

Thanks for the quick replies. Is it possible to move the existing identity groups from one parent group to another? 

I don't see that option

No you can't. When i say move it means the normal process, export your macs, create group and import your macs.

Sorry i shouldn't use the word move :-)

Thanks
Francesco

Francesco, quick question.

If the identity group I created is under the parent group called Profiled will it also use Plus licenses?

Check the attachment

Hi Paul

Yes it's gonna use Plus license

Thanks
Francesco

Thanks again for the reply. I created a new parent group and inside that new group I created the desired endpoint group but when I try to import the list of endpoints I tells me that the identity group is not valid. 

Attaching the screenshot of the new parent group and the error

Not sure what is going on.

Can you share the printescreen of newly created groups and the csc you're trying to import?

I'll take a look at it later

Thanks
Francesco

Attached the screenshots of the newly created groups

Basically the parent group is XXX-WHITELISTS and the sub-group is WL-XXX-OFFICE

If I use the same csv but using another group that belongs to the parent group Profiled the upload works fine and it gets assigned the right group.

Here a Template.csv I use and tested it again with subgroups and it works.

Thanks
Francesco

Same issue. Can you share a screenshot of the group and subgroup?

2018-03-07_17-53-51.png

Thanks
Francesco
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: