cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE 2.3 P4 Authentication Latency

skozlovs
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I'm in progress of deployment of an ISE solution for my customer and last week within couple hours we noted steep increase in Authentication Latency from 3-5ms to 500-600ms. First of all we checked config  logs and there was no changes to the ISE within this timeframe. Tested AD connections, network delays etc, all looks normal.

We noted that latency is fluctuating inline with the load, say 200ms weekends, 500+ms weekdays.  

So the question, what is actually contributing to the Authentication Latency? Is it individual hosts or switches, ISE internal comms, AD, etc.? How to identify them and troubleshoot? 

Regards,

Stan

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

hslai
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I would suggest you to start with the alarm "Alarms: High Authentication Latency" and the report "Authentication Summary", then drill into individual authentication detail reports.

Cisco Live breakout sessions, such as Designing ISE for Scale & High Availability - BRKSEC-3699, would likely help, too.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

hslai
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I would suggest you to start with the alarm "Alarms: High Authentication Latency" and the report "Authentication Summary", then drill into individual authentication detail reports.

Cisco Live breakout sessions, such as Designing ISE for Scale & High Availability - BRKSEC-3699, would likely help, too.