Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE 2.3 - Tracking on Guest Wifi Portal Pages

ercrespo
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Community,

I am hoping to obtain a better understanding on the customization options in ISE 2.3 - Guest Wifi

Can you add an externally hosted js file to the page? To execute JavaScript to generate 1x1 images that are sent to a data collection center in Adobe servers.

File Example:

<script src="//assets.adobedtm.com/abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz123456789.js"></script>

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

This is not something natively available in the product. I am working offline with customer team. This is a great use case and would request anyone looking for this type of support to reach out via their account team for a product feature request to our Product Managers.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Jason Kunst
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
Haven’t seen or done it before, did you try it?

I have requested that they try but have not received confirmation. I will keep the post updated.

RichardAtkin
Level 3
Level 3

Never tried running a remote script like that but it will certainly let you run local ones after you enable JavaScript Customisation... go here in the GUI;

Administration > System > Admin Access > Settings > Portal Customization

You would also need to open a hole in your pre-Auth ACL too, so the Client can Access the script on the remote server without the network trying to intercept it.

give it a go and let us know how you get on?

Thank you! Keep you posted

howon
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Due to security settings on ISE, this will probably not work. However, I am interested in understanding what you are trying to achieve from the business standpoint with this. Can you provide what the use case is for generating 1x1 images for tracking?

Appreciate the reply!  Below is my understanding that was sent to me:

The goal is to quickly track front-end user behavior and profiling metrics for which they currently do not have.  Specifically, they need a sense of how users are interacting with the portal registration pages and the various elements on those pages: completion and registration success rates, abandon rates, and etc.

Adobe DTM will inject Adobe Analytics -

Adobe can handle all of the consumer behavior insight needs.  If they can customize JS and CSS, they believe it is very likely they can add the tag manager but its HTML code that needs add the JS file. it will not be pure JS but an external referenced file.

This is not something natively available in the product. I am working offline with customer team. This is a great use case and would request anyone looking for this type of support to reach out via their account team for a product feature request to our Product Managers.