Helpful
Replies

ISE 2.3 (VM) GUI loading very slowly

Zhixin
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all:
  I have something wrong with ISE.
 One day,i found ise didn't work. I can't login in ISE with GUI or CLI. So i had to restart ISE. When ISE started,I found  ISE load very slowly. I tried with firefox and Chrome. But it still slowly too .
Please give me a favor.

Thanks

############################
ISE information:
Version information of installed applications
---------------------------------------------

Cisco Identity Services Engine
Version      : 2.3.0.298
Build Date   : Wed Jul 26 01:02:37 2017
Install Date : Fri Nov 30 17:54:55 2018

Cisco Identity Services Engine Patch
Version      : 5
Install Date : Fri Nov 30 18:58:37 2018

PID: ISE-VM-K9

Mem:32G
CPU:16C
Disk:600G

7 Replies 7

>From the esxi host performance tab check the performance parameters. Also,
check if your admin certificate expired

Hi Mohammed:

I have check the performance parameters,it is ok.I give ise fixed Mem.

But how do i check admin certificate ? If the "Administration-System-Certificates-System Certificates" ?

Thanks

Yes, this will show any certificate for admin portal.

Damien Miller
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
Out of curiosity, does the deployment view you posted a screenshot of ever load?

The login issue you described is most commonly seen when someone or some backup tool tries to take a vm snapshot of ISE. ISE will hang and when you try to log in to the CLI, you receive a credential prompt, but when you log in nothing happens. The GUI would not be available if a snapshot was done. The only option after a snapshot is to power cycle the VM from vcenter.

For what it's worth, one of the large 2.4 deployments I monitor with 150k active endpoints can take ~30 seconds to load all widgets in the dashboard. It only takes 2.5 seconds to load the deployment view with 21 nodes.

Performance related issues can be caused by any number of factors. If you haven't already you will want to open a TAC case, this is likely not something you will find the root cause for without submitting a support bundle.

Hi Damien : I can sure there is no snapshot .I just use ISE as AAA Server. The screenshot is my problem. When i login in ,The browser will loading very long,even will not responing.

mnagired
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi.. 

Can you please work with TAC on this issue.. 

Regards

Mahesh N

Hi mnagired : I had open a case with Cisco TAC,the engineer didn't find problem too.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: