Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE 2.4 API : DELETE a Network Device Group when empty

When a device is decommissionned, I would like to use the REST API feature to delete it from its Tacacas Network Device Group. The ERS SDK contains examples. That's fine. 

Now I would like, to use the REST API to delete the Network Device Group when I have deleted its last Network Device.

Is there an easy REST API way to know when a NetworkDevice Group is empty,

Or do I have to create a loop to check the Network devices one by one to know if it is part of the Network Device Group.

NB: The Network Device Groups GUI shows the number of devices per group.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

hslai
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You are correct this info in ISE admin web UI. It is not currently available in ERS API so you would need either get it from the web UI or loop through the NADs. Only for location and type, we may use Get-All and filter on them.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

hslai
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You are correct this info in ISE admin web UI. It is not currently available in ERS API so you would need either get it from the web UI or loop through the NADs. Only for location and type, we may use Get-All and filter on them.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: