cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE 2.4 EAP Chaining Certificate error

Maurice Ball
Level 3
Level 3

I am receiving the following error when trying to use the user's certificates with EAP chaining.

ERROR:
No valid certificates available. Please insert a smart card or install a valid certificate.

I am able to use the machine certificate with EAP chaining but not the user's certificate. There are multiple valid user's certificates installed on the client, so I have configured the certificate rule "ISSUER.CN" in the NAM profile but I am still getting the above error. If anyone knows how to fix this. Please help and thanks in advance.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I was doing a ISE lab last week. I came across with EAP-Channing issues in my deployment. To be honest with you I have spent many hours to figure it out what is causing the issue.  In my case i had computer cert and user cert on the computer but i was getting the same here. so here few thing you can try.

1. make sure the eap chaning is enable in the default protocols as by default its not enable.

2. make sure user and computer both have a cert (If you using the EAP-FAST-with Cert).

3 check your NAM profile and make sure you have check mark everything which is required.

4. instead of ISSUER.CN you can use contain or equal to.

5. do restart the computer

6. make sure your rule in authorization must have if user and machine both succeeded.

have a look at this link here 

please do not forget to rate.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

I was doing a ISE lab last week. I came across with EAP-Channing issues in my deployment. To be honest with you I have spent many hours to figure it out what is causing the issue.  In my case i had computer cert and user cert on the computer but i was getting the same here. so here few thing you can try.

1. make sure the eap chaning is enable in the default protocols as by default its not enable.

2. make sure user and computer both have a cert (If you using the EAP-FAST-with Cert).

3 check your NAM profile and make sure you have check mark everything which is required.

4. instead of ISSUER.CN you can use contain or equal to.

5. do restart the computer

6. make sure your rule in authorization must have if user and machine both succeeded.

have a look at this link here 

please do not forget to rate.

Thanks for the quick reply. All of your suggestions have been verified but one. I do not have the certificate rule set to contain. I will make that change on Tuesday and I'll let you know if it resolves the issue. Thanks again for your help.