Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE 2.4 Smart Client Proxy Change

Hi,

Our ISE 2.4 was set up with an old License Smart License and was orinally on a shared network and used a proxy server tyo access the WWW. This is no longer shared nor is the proxy server accessible. We have direct access to WWW via a perimeter FW and all other network devices access Smart License without any issues. However when trying to re-register the ISE server to the new smart license account with no proxy it is still trying to go via the Proxy even though I have removed the proxy out of the settings.

Can you please advise if the proxy server information for Smart Client is cached?

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Hi Marcelo,

thanks for the prompt response, I am using Direct HTTPS as we have no proxy anymore and it goes straight out through a perimeter firewall where we have a policy allowing our cisco devices out to smart licenses. The other cisco devices are added to the same policy and are registered to the smart license portal and have no issues. When looking at the monitoring tab of the perimeter FW the ISE is trying to go through the Perimeter FW to get to the proxy server which is normal in our network if the source has the old proxy settings in previously.

I have removed the proxy settings from Aministration \ Settings \ Proxy as shown in the attached screen dump. Prior to this the old proxy settings were in there that is shown in the logging. The other registered devices never had any proxy settings as they were built and licensed after we got rid of the proxy.

Regards,

Darren.

View solution in original post

hslai
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

DarrenSeales61498, Are you all set now that you removed the global proxy settings in ISE? In case it still problematic, try restarting ISE once. If that not helping, please engage Cisco TAC.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Hi @DarrenSeales61498 ,

please double check your Connection Method selection at Administration > System > Licensing:

SmartLicense.png

Hope this helps !!!

Hi Marcelo,

thanks for the prompt response, I am using Direct HTTPS as we have no proxy anymore and it goes straight out through a perimeter firewall where we have a policy allowing our cisco devices out to smart licenses. The other cisco devices are added to the same policy and are registered to the smart license portal and have no issues. When looking at the monitoring tab of the perimeter FW the ISE is trying to go through the Perimeter FW to get to the proxy server which is normal in our network if the source has the old proxy settings in previously.

I have removed the proxy settings from Aministration \ Settings \ Proxy as shown in the attached screen dump. Prior to this the old proxy settings were in there that is shown in the logging. The other registered devices never had any proxy settings as they were built and licensed after we got rid of the proxy.

Regards,

Darren.

hslai
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

DarrenSeales61498, Are you all set now that you removed the global proxy settings in ISE? In case it still problematic, try restarting ISE once. If that not helping, please engage Cisco TAC.

Hi,

thank you for your tips. I restarted the ISE server during a window and it is now correctly getting to the Smart License Portal.