Views
Helpful
Replies

ise 2.6 interface status

Meuserid1979
Level 1
Level 1

Hi experts,

we have ise 2.6 deployment in an appliance, gig0 and 1 are bonded, is there a way to show the interface status of either gig0 or gig1 if they are disconnected? the bonding is working fine but the customer asked about where can he see the link status . i.e. the result of a show ip int br in a switch/router. i tried show interface command but it still shows that the interface is UP even if the cable was dosconnected.  

thanks in advance

chris

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Greg Gibbs
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I'm not sure about the underlying architecture but, if this is a physical appliance (SNS-35xx, 36xx, etc), there may some disconnect between the physical network adapter, linux kernel, and/or ISE application.

Generally, the physical hardware aspects are more effectively monitored from the Cisco Integrated Management Controller (CIMC) interface itself.

If you're not familiar with the CIMC, take a look at the following guide for the UCS C-Series servers (upon which the newer ISE appliances are based).

Cisco Integrated Management Controller 

Cheers,

Greg

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Greg Gibbs
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I'm not sure about the underlying architecture but, if this is a physical appliance (SNS-35xx, 36xx, etc), there may some disconnect between the physical network adapter, linux kernel, and/or ISE application.

Generally, the physical hardware aspects are more effectively monitored from the Cisco Integrated Management Controller (CIMC) interface itself.

If you're not familiar with the CIMC, take a look at the following guide for the UCS C-Series servers (upon which the newer ISE appliances are based).

Cisco Integrated Management Controller 

Cheers,

Greg