Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE administrator does not display on browser

tjdwns4111
Level 1
Level 1

hello, 

i add admin user from access network user. but there is only 3 users displayed on ISE.

(on CLI, i can see all of the users by command 'application configure ise  -> [15]View Admin Users')

and i have added users who do not have an administrator group. However, it cannot be deleted from the administrative user because it cannot be deleted as Not Displayed.

How do I make all users visible?

And how can I delete users who are not registered in a group?

5 Replies 5

Greg Gibbs
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

With ISE 3.1 patch 6, I am unable to replicate any issues with configuration/deletion of an Admin User (Administration > System > Admin Access > Administrators > Admin Users) using the 'Add > Select from Network Access Users' option and selecting a pre-configured Network Access User. When doing so, I see that user account in both the Admin Users and Network Access Users (Administration > Identity Management > Identities > Users) pages.

If I try to add that Network Access User as an Admin account without selecting an Admin Group, I get the error "Admin Group is required to be configured for Admin User!"
If I try to remove the Network Access User that is configured as an Admin account, I get the error "Can not delete System User(s)"

It's not entirely clear what you are seeing or not seeing and you did not share what version/patch you are using, but it could be related to this bug.
https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCvs24459

We would need more details to provide any meaningful assistance. Please see How to Ask the Community for Help

thank u for reply my question!

My ise version is as follows.

Cisco Identity Services Engine
---------------------------------------------
Version : 3.1.0.518

Cisco Identity Services Engine Patch
---------------------------------------------
Version : 5

i build a 2 ISE as a main and test, and main ISE is only 3 users displayed on ISE.

and test ISE is full users displayed on ISE.

there is no different between main ise and test ise

if i delete the user at Network Access Users
this errror message is displayed

Exception on deleting user -null==>id to load is required for loading

and if i try to add the user that is no group at Admin Group. i can't  see the user

additional information is this... 

There are two ISEs in the primary secondary configuration.

hslai
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

@tjdwns4111 Please open a Cisco TAC case.

It's working fine in my lab with ISE 3.1 Patch 5 to create a network access user and then add it as an ISE admin user.