Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE AV can't launch an automatic update

engahmedsaied
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

Please help I face two problems ISE 1.2.0.899 , NAC agent 4.9.0.52 and 4.9.5.7 same problem in both 

1)NAC agent can check on conditions which in posture policy (AV installation and update).

but I have a problem that NAC agent can't launch an automatic update, user must lanuch it manually, I get this message during NAC try to get update

"The remediation you are attempting has failed with an internal error"

AV compound condition Vendor Kaspersky Labs

Kaspersky endpoint security version 10.x

and same for update 10 days allowed.

Result --> AV remedation --> remedation type Automatic 

AV vendor Kaspersky Labs

should these launch 

and posture policy take that remedation action.

2) if the user made this update manually posture can't change state unless user unplug and plug network cable again.

Thank you all.

1 Reply 1

Isra
Level 1
Level 1

Maybe yo can launch a program to remediate

Policy Elements>Results>Posture>Remediation Actions>Launch Program Remediations

In my case I use Windows Antivirus, so:

ABSOLUTE_PATH C:\Program Files\Microsoft Security Client\MpCmdRun.EXE -signatureupdate

This working fine for me, you can change the ABSOLUTE PATH according to your antivirus vendor

Note:

Troubleshoot Launch Program Remediation
Problem

When an application is launched as a remediation using Launch Program Remediation, the application is successfully launched (observed in the Windows Task Manager), however, the application UI is not visible.
Solution

The Launch program UI application runs with system privileges, and is visible in the Interactive Service Detection (ISD) window. To view the Launch program UI application, ISD should be enabled for the following OS:

Windows Vista: ISD is in stop state by default. Enable ISD by starting ISD service in services.msc.

Windows 7: ISD service is enabled by default.

Windows 8/8.1: Enable ISD by changing "NoInteractiveServices" from 1 to 0 in the registry: \HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SYSTEM \ CurrentControlSet \ Control \ Windows.