cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE - context visibility update frequency

_mirfanmy96
Level 1
Level 1

When I export a list of the devices out of Context Visibility, some of them would have a different info/value/attribute than what I see in Operations / RADIIUS.

For example, a device shows up as "connected" in Context Visibility is actually not online - no ARP/MAC entry on switches, or in RADIUS live logs/live sessions.

In another case, a device that matched one AuthZ policy in Context Visibility actually used a totally different policy when I looked it up in Operations / RADIUS.

Why the discrepancies?
How often is the Context Visibility updated?

im running on ise version 2.7 patch 5. 

anyone facing the same issue ?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Greg Gibbs
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The Context Visibility should be updated in real-time when changes are made to the session directory. It's possible the database has been out of sync for some time (even from a prior upgrade maybe?), so you might try this process to reset and synchronise it.

If it falls out of sync again after that, you might need to open a TAC case to investigate further.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Greg Gibbs
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The Context Visibility should be updated in real-time when changes are made to the session directory. It's possible the database has been out of sync for some time (even from a prior upgrade maybe?), so you might try this process to reset and synchronise it.

If it falls out of sync again after that, you might need to open a TAC case to investigate further.