cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE Current active session

BigK
Level 1
Level 1

is there away to find out why the session is still active? I logged in the the devices in question and did " show users" and "show line" and I only see my name and my login line.Current Active sessions.JPG

Thanks

BigK

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

There are a couple patches where this is disabled to avoid a bug, but renabled (breaks logging though under high load again). Issue identified and will be fixed in future patch again.

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

Arne Bier
VIP
VIP

Can you see whether TACACS accounting is configured on the device, and if so, is ISE receiving it?

I know that with RADIUS the sessions are maintained in real-time only if RADIUS Accounting is enabled.  I cannot recall whether it's the same for TACACS.  But give it a shot anyway.

There are a couple patches where this is disabled to avoid a bug, but renabled (breaks logging though under high load again). Issue identified and will be fixed in future patch again.

@Damien Miller 

Thanks!

Thanks Arme,

Yes, Tacacs is enabled on the Device. I don't know how to check to see if ISE is receiving it. 

Arne,

TACACS accounting is configured on the device and ISE receiving it.

Thanks
BigK

SmartnetNikoil
Level 1
Level 1

Kindly asking your suggestion to deal with license consuption.

I am checking under report/endpoint and users/ current active sessions it sayd 55 sessions. But under Administration/system/licensing i see license consumption 2305. It is going up little by little every day. It does not looks normal.

SmartnetNikoil_0-1675273245515.png

SmartnetNikoil_1-1675273428427.png

Version?  Patch?  RADIUS Accounting configured?  Also note that this is a 4 year old thread.  It's almost always better to create a new one.

Accounting is configured, 

ISE version info is below

version information of installed applications
---------------------------------------------

Cisco Identity Services Engine
Version : 2.4.0.357
Build Date : Thu Mar 22 20:01:26 2018
Install Date : Mon Feb 18 10:54:51 2019

Cisco Identity Services Engine Patch
Version : 6
Install Date : Tue Apr 30 12:34:47 2019

You could try to install the last 2.4 Patch (14).  Also note that 2.4 is now EOL:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/security/identity-services-engine/bulletin-c25-743964.html

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: