Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE DB restore for 2.2 2.7 is failing

I am standing up ISE 2.7 distributed deployment with 2 PANs 2 MNTs and 6 PSNS

My current ISE deployment is 2.2 .   I am in the process of upgrading to 2.7 and I have configured and stood up ISE 2.7 distributed deployment with 2 PANs 2 MNTs and 6 PSNS.  ISE 2.7 is still in LAB environment.  I restored ISE 2.7 form ISE 2.2 back-up. The issue I am having after I restore is I don’t see any of the nodes on the deployment.  the PAN is coming up as standalone.  Also when I try to access the nodes individually it appears as it is still in deployment mode.  Any help will be appreciated.

5 Replies 5

Hi, if you are upgrading the environment why are restoring backup.? This is
not needed unless you are having a problem. Just trying to get the scenario

***** please remember to rate useful posts

To transfer current  data base and configuration from 2.2 to 2.7.  Is there any other was I can do that ?

To transfer current  data base and configuration from 2.2 to 2.7.  Is there any other way I can transfer it ?

If you take a brand new ISE 2.7 node and then restore an ISE 2.2 config backup onto it, then you are de-facto performing a 2.2 -> 2.7 upgrade. It's very acceptable and often used concept. That ISE 2.7 node will then only see itself in the deployment and all the other nodes do not appear in the Deployment ... yet ... because you need to register them all into the new PAN ONE BY ONE!

Make the new 2.7 the Primary node (big green button) - that makes it the master database.

Then register all the other "fresh" ISE 2.7 nodes (no NOT restore the config onto them first - just run the setup wizard and install their Admin certs)

- Ref : https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/ise/2-7/admin_guide/b_ise_27_admin_guide/b_ISE_admin_27_maintain_monitor.html

Check :  Table 1  for restore protocols supported

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !