Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE debug logs corrupt

I wanted to debug some USE vs. AD problems but noted that all debug files available under Opeations>Download logs>(mynode)>Debug logs are corrupt.

While it seems that seom loggin is going on (e.g. the deployment.log is already accompanied by old versions up to deplaoyment.10.gz), the files are all corrupt. They all contain merely the same 8781 bytes: a HTML page with a login form which looks like the sponsor portal. In fact, even the gzipped old logs look (after unzipping) the same.

What can this be?

6 Replies 6

Tarik Admani
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

What version ISE are you running and which browser are you using to download these logs? Do you have a screenshot of the output you are describing?

Thanks
Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Hi,

the ISE version is 1.1.2.145 and I'm using IE8

Here's a screenshot and below it I added the first few lines of the text content (with a few blank lines remoed)

Regards

Andreas Hoffmann

Andres,

There are a few bugs regarding IE8 browser and the ISE 1.1.2, can you please use mozilla to see if you can download the logs successfully.

Here are the release notes, just do a search for IE8 to see the bugs regarding IE8.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/ise/1.1.1/release_notes/ise111_rn.html#wp193144

Please let us know if this resolves your issue, if it does you may want to open a TAC case in order to get this documented.

Thanks,

Tarik Admani
*Please rate helpful posts*

Tarik,

normally I wouldn't even use IE8 in the first place.

However, apparently the admin web interface requires it: With Firefox 17 I cannot even login at

https://iseserver/admin/LoginAction.do

EDIT:

Fascinating. One so gets used to things not working in one browser that one doesn't even try to check further.

There seems to be something specifically with my Firefox. I can access the web interface with FF from another box, but the problem remains: The content of doenloaded log files is as described above.

Tarik Admani
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

Have you tried installing any patches? I am going to see if the same behavior occurs on my end.

Did you upgrade this ise node, is it on a vm? If so, what are your specs?

Sent from Cisco Technical Support Android App

Hi,

nothing was specifically installed, the system is as originally installed by our service partner two months ago, running on a vm with 4 CPU /  4GB / 200 GB allocated.

Regards

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: