cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE Guest Service fail depending on the browser

descalante2007
Level 1
Level 1

One of my customers is complaining about having problems to access the guest services depending on the browser used:

When the visitor has Intenet Explorer 10 or 11, he said the content is blocked and even the guest portal is not displayed. When the visitor has Google Chrome (no specific version indicated), he said the portal is displayed but the content is blocked after ingress user and password. Whit Firefox a certificate exception was added in advanced options.

I think the issue can be something related with certificates or even the  computer but I'm not sure how can I identify the root cause.

I wonder if something in the ISE is reported about the browser used to authenticate in the guest portal. I know the release notes indicate browser compatibilities, but in guest services I think shouldn't be restrictions, because you don't know what device, OS, or browser will be used by guests.

The ISE is running 1.1.2.145, no patches yet.

I will appreciate any tip you can provide me.

Regards.

1 Reply 1

Naresh Ginjupalli
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi ,

This below link gives the detailed versions of the supported operating systems and their supported browsers for Sponsor and Guests.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/ise/1.1.1/compatibility/ise_sdt.html

Google chrome , Mozilla and IE are supported, but there is some restriction in the browser versions.

For IE make sure you have enabled ActiveX controls and check if the compatibilty mode is enabled.

If customer is making use of supported browsers and still experiencing the issue then we need to check what options are enabled on browsers and what is blocking the content download in the browser.