Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE GUI Access

zekebashi
Level 4
Level 4

Hello, 

I was able to download and install ISE2.2.0 eval ova into vm workstation. The installation appears to have completed successfully and I am able to access the CLI and issue commands. From this point, how do I access the GUI so I can start experimenting and building labs? 

Thanks in advance. 

~zK 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

If you can't even ping it, you have to troubleshoot the network-settings of the VM. The ISE needs at least connectivity to your network to reach your DNS, NTP and NADs.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

You can access the GUI with your browser (Firefox or Chrome preferred) with

https://fqdn-of-your-ise

There you can login with the credentials that you configured while installing the system.

Thanks for the info. Actually, I'm using the eval and installed it on a vmware workstation. I've applied the basic configuration(host name, ip address, mask, gateway, ntp, dns servers, .etc.). After it completed the installation, I get the command prompt at the CLI. I am trying to access the Management GUI but don't know what I need to do. When I ping the IP assigned, it doesn't reply.

Any thoughts as how I could access the GUI?

If you can't even ping it, you have to troubleshoot the network-settings of the VM. The ISE needs at least connectivity to your network to reach your DNS, NTP and NADs.

I changed the network adopter in the vm to use VMnet1(192.168.150.1), assigned ISE Gigabit 0 to 192,168,159.254 and default gateway to 192.168.150.1, and was able to access the GUI. 

Thanks for your assistance, Karsten! 

Best, ~zK