Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE License level

mostafashoaei
Level 1
Level 1

Hi guys,

I work for a company that they want to run ISE, I have a question about purchase license, they just run authentication and authorization for users on wired and wireless ntwork(Downloadable Access List, Dynamic VLAN assignment), they didn't want to configure any other options for example: client provisioning, profiling etc.

note: they want configure ISE in HA mode(does it depend on which one of license we have to buy?)

I want to know, is base license enough for them?

I read the license article, but I became confuse.

Do we need to buy any other license?

Please help me,

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jason Kunst
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Correct base license will cover these needs

You would also buy at minimum 2 appliances (for redundancy), or associated VM licenses along with support contract, this all depends on how many active endpoints you would have

Please reach out through your sales team as well to work through the process

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Jason Kunst
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Correct base license will cover these needs

You would also buy at minimum 2 appliances (for redundancy), or associated VM licenses along with support contract, this all depends on how many active endpoints you would have

Please reach out through your sales team as well to work through the process

Hi Jason,

it means we don't need to buy Mobility, Apex or plus license for wireless devices for authentication and authorization?

also we need purchase two same licenses for each VM, right?

for example, if we have 600 users in network, we have to buy two base license that have 300 quantity, yes?

Thanks for your time.

Base licenses apply to the whole deployment so you only need one. You would deploy a standalone deployment with an additional VM for redundancy. If you have 600 active endpoints then it will be 600 base licenses

Mobility is an only needed if you’re doing wireless only and need all the functionality of base plus and apex

Please do work with account team as they sell a lot, this forum is mainly for technical questions