Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE Mix/Match Distributed/Standalone Deployment Support

Krzysztof Grabowski
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Team,

I wanted to confirm if mix/match standalone with distributed deployment is supported. For example is a following 3 node installation supported: 

Node 1: PAN (P) + MnT (S) + pxGrid + PSN

Node 2: PAN (S) + MnT (P) + pxGrid + PSN

Node 3: PSN 

Cheers,
Chris

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Colby LeMaire
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

The official answer from Cisco will be that it is NOT supported.  But it will still work.  If you ever have to open a TAC case for anything, they may refuse to help until you fix the deployment model.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Colby LeMaire
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

The official answer from Cisco will be that it is NOT supported.  But it will still work.  If you ever have to open a TAC case for anything, they may refuse to help until you fix the deployment model.

@Colby LeMaire wrote:

Are you sure about this?  I have this deployment and it is recommended and supported by Cisco

Node 1:  Primary Admin, Secondary MNT, PSN

Node 2:  Secondary Admin, Primary MNT, PSN

What is the difference between my deploymnent and the original poster deployment, other than he has node 3 as PSN?

that's exactly the issue, a PSN outside of the other boxes. once you do that you have to move all PSNs external from PAN/MNT and then only may have up to 5 PSNs external. This is shown in BRKSEC-3432 https://cs.co/ise-training. also http://cs.co/ise-perf and deployment guides

The additional third node as a PSN while still having PSN on the Admin/MnT nodes is the issue. That is a distributed deployment and the Admin/MnT nodes should be dedicated to those functions.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: