Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE Operational data scheduled backup failed

Da ICS16
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Community,

We change new IP on SAN node. After, we rolled back due to cannot change new IP gateway.

After next day we reviewed there have 2 issues occurred after the rolled back.

1. Alarm: Queue Link Error 

- based on review the logs, we will check / do CSR (ISE RootCA, ISE Messaging Serice) to fixed this issue.

2. Backup & Restore

- For Configuration Data Backup (schedule backup) is working fine

- But Operational Data Backup (schedule backup) is not working. We did manually backup than it works.

We tried to Edit (Operational Data Backup) -> Change to new start Date but no luck.

ISE 3.1 P6

Let review and seek your suggestion how to fix the Operational Data Backup ( schedule backup ).

Thanks for your commend / supporting.

4 Replies 4

Arne Bier
VIP
VIP

If the manual backups are working, but you tried setting new start and end date for a new Operational Backup schedule, then it might be a TAC case.  I find that the backup schedule is a bit flaky and I have had cases in the past where the schedule had a sane start and end date, but it never executed as expected. TAC had to fix it.  You might want to first try an app stop ise, reload, before calling TAC.

I find the operational backups are not of much value to most customers. You generally don't need to make those backups unless you plan to restore them onto a new/clean MNT node (after a rebuild).  If you are forwarding SYSLOGs to a remove receiver, then there is little value in ISE Operational Backups ... unless you enjoy running reports in ISE (good luck with that!!!) or if you are using the new SQL Data Connect interface into the MNT database (that is quite cool and powerful)

Thanks for your commend @Arne Bier 

Peter Koltl
Level 7
Level 7

What is a SAN? 

You mean secondary PAN?

I mean Secondary Admin Node.