Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE Plus Impact?

tonysamir
Level 1
Level 1

Deas,

i have customer have Existing ISE verion 1.2 and he want to upgrade to verion 2.0

According the Advance licenses change to Plus and Apex. the customer will buy new Licneses and he didn't want to buy Plus Licenses which give the below Features:

• Profiling

• Profiler feed service

• Device registration (My Devices portal) and provisioning for Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) with built in Certificate Authority (CA)

• Context sharing (Cisco pxGrid)

• Endpoint Protection Services (EPS)

• Suite B

• TrustSec ACI Integration

My questions what the impact that will affect the network if the customer didn't buy Plus Licneses and he didn't change any switches configuration? Is it work normally or need configuration change?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Timothy Abbott
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

This depends on the customer's policy.  If they are using profile policies in Authorization Policy then it will have an impact as Plus licensing is required.  In addition, the customer will no longer have the ability to profile devices on the the network in addition to the other features you listed.

Regards,

-Tim

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Timothy Abbott
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

This depends on the customer's policy.  If they are using profile policies in Authorization Policy then it will have an impact as Plus licensing is required.  In addition, the customer will no longer have the ability to profile devices on the the network in addition to the other features you listed.

Regards,

-Tim

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: