Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE policy

Spyros Kasapis
Level 1
Level 1

Hello , 

is there a way to create a policy based on DestinationPort  radius attribute ? (1812 or 1645)

Thanks in advanced .

Spyros

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Greg Gibbs
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I don't believe it is possible to create policy based on that value. There is no such attribute in the RADIUS RFC2865 and there are no Cisco-specific attributes that include this info in the supported ISE Network Access Attributes.

If you're wanting to create different policies based upon the Network Device initiating the RADIUS request, the common approach is to create Network Device Groups and use those as conditions in your policies.

View solution in original post

We found a solution

In ASA we make the requests from different ip addresses (interfaces).

In ISE the policy matches with the NAS IPv4 Address which is different .

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Mike.Cifelli
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
Take a look at this link:
https://community.cisco.com/t5/security-documents/ise-network-access-attributes/ta-p/3616253#toc-hId-1189009796
You may be able to utilize the NAS-Port attribute to meet your needs. HTH!

Greg Gibbs
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I don't believe it is possible to create policy based on that value. There is no such attribute in the RADIUS RFC2865 and there are no Cisco-specific attributes that include this info in the supported ISE Network Access Attributes.

If you're wanting to create different policies based upon the Network Device initiating the RADIUS request, the common approach is to create Network Device Groups and use those as conditions in your policies.

Thank you for your quick reply ,

Greg you are right there is no such attribute in RFC .

I saw it in ISE in Authentication details (other attributes)  that's why i am asking.

attributes.jpg

I want to create a policy for requests coming from the same device , (an ASA) with two authentication methods (primary,secondary).

The primary authentication  should match the first policy and the secondary the other .

We found a solution

In ASA we make the requests from different ip addresses (interfaces).

In ISE the policy matches with the NAS IPv4 Address which is different .