Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE Posturing

Hi all,

I've a queries regarding ISE.

1.) What will be the advantage and disadvantages of URL redirectionless posturing ?

2.) What is the role of Client provisioning port in redirectionless posturing ?

Thanks & Regards,

Vikram K Murudkar.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Mike.Cifelli
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

1.) What will be the advantage and disadvantages of URL redirectionless posturing ?

-One advantage would be not having the portal page pop up/appear when clients connect.  A major disadvantage IMO would be needing to have your clients fully provisioned and ready to onboard and proceed through posture assessment (AnyConnect modules installed, proper ise posture module config files deployed, etc. via SCCM or another way).  I think this design decision comes down to requirements.

-Pending clients have proper modules + files already (like mentioned above) you can still rely on CPP to do things for already provisioned clients that reach back and hit a specific CPP policy.  By this I mean you can rely on ISE to push updates to module profiles, update client software etc.

HTH!

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Mike.Cifelli
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

-One advantage would be not having the portal page pop up/appear when clients connect.  A major disadvantage IMO would be needing to have your clients fully provisioned and ready to onboard and proceed through posture assessment (AnyConnect modules installed, proper ise posture module config files deployed, etc. via SCCM or another way).  I think this design decision comes down to requirements.

-Pending clients have proper modules + files already (like mentioned above) you can still rely on CPP to do things for already provisioned clients that reach back and hit a specific CPP policy.  By this I mean you can rely on ISE to push updates to module profiles, update client software etc.

HTH!

Hi Mike,

Thanks for the reply & explanation for the above queries.

If I come up with a new query, I'll contact you again.

Thanks & Regards,

Vikram