cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE Profiling

Brian Looney
Level 1
Level 1

Does anyone know how long ISE will retain information on a profiled device? Does it do any type of purge after a give amount of time? I can see ISE having a lot of outdated devices over time especially if there is any type of guest network where new users come and go frequently.  

3 Replies 3

Tarik Admani
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Brian,

There isnt a feature on this, I opened a TAC case and a feature enhancement request is being filed through TAC. I requested that the option to purge endpoints after they havent connected to the network during a certain period of time be enforced to help manage the ise endpoint database dynamically. I will post it once I get it.

Thanks,

Tarik Admani

Venkatesh Attuluri
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

In current version you have to remove the profiled device manulay.But  configurable Purging is  in roadmap of ISE 1.2

Anas Naqvi
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Brian,

FYI, Monitoring Database Purge is not included in ISE 1.2.

The purging process allows you to manage the size of the Monitoring database by specifying the number of months to retain data during a purge. The default is three months. This value is utilized when the disk space usage threshold for purging (percentage of disk space) is met. For this option, each month consists of 30 days. A default of three months equals 90 days.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/ise/1.2/user_guide/ise_mnt.html#wp1054328